Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Score!


After taking our cat to the vet today, I ran into the Salvation Army while Rick stayed in the car and cat sat with Kitty. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but wanted to have a quick look around since the store is right across the street from the vet office. I sort of have a routine of regular places I check in the store, and the juniors' section is usually last on my list, if at all. I'm so glad I stopped today.

I found these red plaid pants hanging right on the end of a rack. Red plaid sticks out like a sore thumb to me, so I spotted them right away. I was a little disappointed when I saw they were a size nine. I haven't worn a size nine in a long time. Probably the last time I did was right between having my girls and my boys. I think I got back down to a nine around that time. However, they were just way too cute to pass up, and since they only cost $2.25, I figured I'd get them. It was more wishful thinking that I'd get down to that size again eventually.

Anyway, when I got home and tried them on, I couldn't believe it — they fit! Well, just about. I've put on a few pounds these past few months, so a lot of my pants are a little snug right now. Once I get back down to where I was, they will fit perfectly. What's even nicer is that they're made in this century! I have another pair of red plaid pants that had to have been from the 1980's. Those pants have a high-waist and stir-ups, so I cover that up with longer tops and boots. The pants I found today have a low-waist and a slight flare to the leg. Made my day ... to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment